[amibroker] Re: DISPLAY FUNDAMENTAL DATA

This is great !!!!  But before I get too excited, I canīt seem to
find the ho so valuable and popular EPS RANKING in the helpfiles.
Does this mean you are limited of the QP Fundamental variables who
are covered in this screen ???
And EPS ranking, historical EPS Ranking, EPS Q growth going back or
Q EPS going back, etc are not accessable in Amibroker ???
Thanks

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
> Bob, thanks for your replys.  It appears that I am may be very
confused about these many similar sounding names of data suppliers.
Below, I have copied several emails that discussed how to have
fundamental data appear along with each symbol that you display.  I
hope these emails will show you how to successfully do this.  I was
thinking that the data had to come from the Austin Tx. based Quote
Tracker.  Jerry Medved is the guy behind QuoteTracker.  Am I correct
that  the Jerry Medved Quote Tracker is the source to use to get
this Briefing.com fundamental data? Once this is cleared up, then I
will need a lot of more help.  I am very new  at using a computer. I
was able to get the necessary WRITEUPONSTOCK.afl into a sub folder
of the AFL folder.  However, it ended up as an
> eml file.  I tried to use one of the few things that I know how to
do. .  I copied  the code, then pasted it into notebook.  I then
clicked save as, and it would not allow me to save it as an AFL
file.  I saved it anyway because it seemed like a good  place to
keep it until I learn the right way to save it as an AFL file.
Below, I have included various posts relating to this subject.  Let
me know if you need to see more of the posts that related to this
subject . BTW, is there an easy way to determine the yahoogroup
message # when you are viewing a yahoogroup message within Outlook
Express?  All answers and comments are appreciated.  Ron D

=================

to "display fundamental  data that is available from BRIEFING.COM
which is available free from Quotetracker" because your only ref is
how to use IB data,

======================

> Herman:
>
> The code that I provided (for information only) simply takes the
fundamental data that QP2 provides and places it into the
interpretation window at the lower left of the Amibroker window
screen as shown on the image provided in my last message.  This make
the example data shown below easily available and accessible.  The
same could be found using the Yahoo link on the page to the
individual stock profiles but with more clicks and time.

> Without any other intervention as you move or click from one
equity to another, the interpretation window updates the data for
that particular equity if you have had the original pane highlighted
in which you placed the initial include file line.  Note that Tomaz
has given us the ability to add code to the primary indicators by
using the right click and from that menu selecting the edit button.
A code window for the Price Indicator,  if this is the one used,
will open and you can place the include file line into the price
window so that whenever you see  a sheet with the price, simply
click on the price pane and you will see all the data below for that
equity if it is available.

> This is one of the lessor used capabilities of Amibroker that is
available I would guess.

> Over and out....
>
> Steve
> Date: 6/13/2003
> QP2 Briefing data follows:
>
>   D is a fully integrated gas and electric holding company serving
wholesale and retail markets in the Midwest, Northeast, and Mid-
Atlantic portions of the U.S. For the 3 months ended 3/31/03,
revenues rose 36% to $3.58B. Net income before accntg. change rose
23% to $395M. Revenues reflect colder weather, driving increased
demand for gas and electric products, as well as strong natural gas
prices. Net income was partially offset by $129M in special
charges.<P><P>FY'99-'00 fncls. &  FY'00 Qs reclass. 10/02, 26.5M shs
@ $40.50 by Merrill Lynch. Pref. Stock no Par, 10M auth., 2,590,000
issd. FY'01 fncls. are reclassified.

============
>   Steve,
>   This is very nice! I forget all the nice things "getextradata"
has to offer. Thanks for sharing...

>   Regards,
>   Jayson
Users:

>   FYI
>
>   Place the following line into your primary indicator whether it
is the Price pane or some other.

>   #include "C:\\program
files\amibroker\afl\include\writeuponstock.afl";

>   Have the following in your include subdirectory as I have shown
in mine above.  I have an include subdirectory under \afl. I also
have placed a file named writeuponstock.afl into this subdirectory.
This information is fairly complete and it will show up in the
interpetation window.

>   This is nice when moving across a watch list of similar equities
and being able to see how they compare in a fundamental way. You may
have to click into price window (if this is where you placed the
line above) if you are moving around in Amibroker to get the
information show.

>   Steve
>
>   New File below:  Mine was called writeuponstock.afl
>   _____________________
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,GetExtraData("briefing"),"");//1
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,"\n"+"QP2 Relative Strength ="+
>             WriteVal(GetExtraData("QRS")),"");//2
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,"Shares Float = "+
>             WriteVal(GetExtraData("SharesFloat")),"");//3
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,"Shares = "+
>             WriteVal(GetExtraData("Shares")),"");//4
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,"PEG = "+
>             WriteVal(GetExtraData("PEG")),"");//5
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,"Return on Equity = "+
>             WriteVal(GetExtraData("ROE"))+"%","");//6
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,"1 Year EPS Growth = "+
>             WriteVal(GetExtraData("Yr1EPSGrowth"))+"%","");//7
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,"5 Year EPS Growth = "+
>             WriteVal(GetExtraData("Yr5EPSGrowth"))+"%","");//8
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,"1 Year Proj EPS Growth = "+
>             WriteVal(GetExtraData("Yr1ProjEPSGrowth"))+"%","");//9
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,"3 to 5 Year Proj EPS Growth = "+
>             WriteVal(GetExtraData("Yr3to5ProjEPSGrowth"))
>
>   WriteIf(Buy==1 OR Buy == 0,"Book Value per share = "+
>             WriteVal(GetExtraData("BookValuePerShare"))