[amibroker] Re: Displaying composites on intraday charts, without scanning

Jayson,

In the same way that I might want to plot a 20-period SMA on a 5-min
chart, and a 20-period SMA on a 15-min chart, I want to plot eg a
MACDBULL composite on a 5-min chart, and a MACDBULL composite on a 15-
min chart.
And just as the 20-period SMA on the 5-min chart is calculated from 5-
min data, and the 20-period SMA on the 15-min chart is calculated
from 15-min data, so the MACDBULL on the 5-min chart would be
calculated from 5-min data, and the MACDBULL on the 15-min chart
would be calculated from 15-min data.
So as I see it I would need a scan with periodicity set to 5-min to
calculate the MACDBULL for a 5-min chart, and a scan with periodicity
set to 15-min to calculate the MACDBULL for a 15-min chart.
Unless there's some way of setting the periodicity within the scan
itself, or compressing bars made up from 1-min data.
Hope that makes sense!

Thanks
Phil

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Phil,
> perhaps I am confused as to what you are trying to do. For example
you could
> build a composite in 1 min data then plot that composite in
1,5,15,60,78 min
> views. Just the same as you could switch a 1 min interday chart of
CSCO to