Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: angleseven1
[mailto:phil.blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003
11:54 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Re: Displaying composites on intraday charts, without
scanningTomasz, Jayson,What about timeframe
settings? I can see that I can have several addtocomposite() calls in one
scan, but it looks like to run a 78-min composite the periodicity would need
to be set to 78 mins in the scan settings, and to run a 13-min composite it
would need to be set to 13 mins, and so on. That looks like several scans to
me. Is that right or have I missed something?ThanksPhil
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
<amibroker@xxxx> wrote:> Hello,> > You can have
unlimited number of AddToComposite() calls in single formula.> This
means you can run ONE formula (one scan) to update all composites.>
This won't generate any trouble. Also you can use 'scan every' feature in
AA> so scans are periodically and automatically run and you can
focus> on analysis.> > Best regards,> Tomasz
Janeczko> amibroker.com> ----- Original Message ----- >
From: "angleseven1" <phil.blanchard@xxxx>> To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 5:17
PM> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Displaying composites on intraday charts,
without scanning> > > > Tomasz, Jayson,> >
> > Thanks for your replies.> > > > Assuming I use
scans, presumably this means I need to run a separate > > instance
of AmiBroker for each scan. > > Are there likely to be any problems
running several scans at once? > > What about memory usage?
> > The reason I ask is I've tried something similar with NeoTicker
and > > its RAM usage went sky high causing the program to hang
(I've got 1Gb > > of RAM on my machine). Same thing if 2 NeoTicker
scans happened to > > run at the same time.> > >
> Thanks> > Phil > > > > --- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> >
> wrote:> > > Hello,> > > > > > One
thing more: if you have 50 symbol eSignal subscription you will >
> run into trouble> > > trying to run AddToComposite on 100
nasdaq symbols.> > > > > > Best regards,> >
> Tomasz Janeczko> > > amibroker.com> > > -----
Original Message ----- > > > From: "Tomasz Janeczko"
<amibroker@xxxx>> > > To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > Sent: Thursday, July 03,
2003 4:42 PM> > > Subject: Re: [amibroker] Displaying composites on
intraday charts, > > without scanning> > > >
> > > 1. Can AmiBroker plot composites on intraday charts?> >
> > Yes of course. There is no difference.> > > > >
intraday > > data?> > > > Yes it runs such code
provided that you have added ALL symbols> > > > that are
referenced by the code via Symbol->New and they are all > >
backfilled.> > > > > > > > > 3. Do any of the
other methods mentioned in various posts ( > > > > >
CreateAverageForWatchList, looping through a watchlist, > > defining a
intraday data?> > > > All these methods work with intraday
data.> > > > However some methods may take longer than
others.> > > > Therefore it is advised to use AddToComposite and
AA scan> > > > instead of other methods because explicit looping
through large > > watch list> > > > may be too
resouce hungry.> > > > > > > > Best
regards,> > > > Tomasz Janeczko> > > >
amibroker.com> > > > > > > > > > >
> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> > > > Send SUGGESTIONS to