Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: angleseven1
[mailto:phil.blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003
11:17 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Re: Displaying composites on intraday charts, without
scanningTomasz, Jayson,Thanks for your
replies.Assuming I use scans, presumably this means I need to run a
separate instance of AmiBroker for each scan. Are there likely to be any
problems running several scans at once? What about memory usage? The
reason I ask is I've tried something similar with NeoTicker and its RAM
usage went sky high causing the program to hang (I've got 1Gb of RAM on my
machine). Same thing if 2 NeoTicker scans happened to run at the same
time.ThanksPhil --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz
Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:> Hello,> > One
thing more: if you have 50 symbol eSignal subscription you will run into
trouble> trying to run AddToComposite on 100 nasdaq symbols.>
----- Original Message ----- > From: "Tomasz Janeczko"
<amibroker@xxxx>> To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 4:42 PM> Subject: Re: [amibroker]
Displaying composites on intraday charts, without scanning> >
> > Phil,> > > > > 1. Can AmiBroker plot
composites on intraday charts?> > Yes of course. There is no
difference.> > > > > 2. Can AmiBroker run the type of
code shown above with intraday data?> > Yes it runs such code
provided that you have added ALL symbols> > that are referenced by the
code via Symbol->New and they are all backfilled.> > >
> > 3. Do any of the other methods mentioned in various posts ( >
> > CreateAverageForWatchList, looping through a watchlist, defining a
> > > function, using the Abtool plug-in) work with intraday
data?> > All these methods work with intraday data.> >
However some methods may take longer than others.> > Therefore it is
advised to use AddToComposite and AA scan> > instead of other methods
because explicit looping through large watch list> > may be too
resouce hungry.> > > > Best regards,> > Tomasz
Janeczko> > amibroker.com> > > > > >
Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to
Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > >
(Web page: <A