[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker vs other programs

One more thing:

Remember, you do not have to limit yourself to having one software
program.

Some programs are purchased merely for the one or two functions that
they perform in a special way.

As far as the value you receive and the program price of Amibroker is
concerned, you can pay more for an order entry program than you pay
for Amibroker, which does everything.

So it is not unusual to have a collection of programs. Some like drag
and drop, others chart planetary data, Elliott and Gann. Once in a
while you find a reasonably priced program for specialized functions;
not often, but sometimes.

However, to bypass Amibroker and still expect to remain competitive
with what other traders are now capable of doing is a question worth
asking.

Finally, if speed of program execution in the charting mode is of
prime importance to you, you will understand another reason for the
enthusiasm of Amibroker owners.

Also it is unusual to have email access to the developer of software
in this field.

It is even more unusual, as an owner, to be completely, and
constantly overwhelmed with the new features and program additions
offered voluntarily by the developer.

Normally software owners do not receive program corrections,
additions, or new features; and their requests are usually ignored.

Since you are interested in Wealth Lab you can search the messages in
this group merely by typing in that name. Find out what has been said
about Wealth Lab.

Amibroker can be run in multiple instances on your computer with no
oomplications.

If you chart real time prices you will be up to date. Make your own
multiple tick bars, plus use two fractional minute settings.

The C++ programing language you will be using in Amibroker, is of
long term value, unlikely to lose popularity which means you could
expect to hire help when needed.

The developer, Tomasz Janezcko, could answer that better than I. You
may wish to evaluate the proposition of applying programming time in
Pascal and closely related scripts to writing in AFL and creating C++
DLLs and other additions in writing for Amibroker.

JT