[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker vs other programs

Am also playing with TC2000 for charting.  Also looking at Wealth-
Lab, MetaStock.

TC2000 e.g.  seems to store all its prices in one file as a database;
i.e. it doesn't rely on the windows file system to be the database
manager. D:\TC2000\User\Data\Prices.cus.

Wealth-lab seems to have a very powerful and easy to use language
based on Pascal, which i've programmed in before.

Have been using Reuters Bridge but it's not very flexible for rapid
fire charting, watchlists, saving studies/trendlines, local data
storage, analysis ...

Didn't want to bother with TradeStation, heard too many negative
things.

Ideally I would scrap TC200 as well as i don't want to pay for their
data if i can get EOD for free, and i their symbols are often non
standard from what i'm used to for indexes atc (e.g "Index--X")

Perhaps, nits all, but i'm trying to do the research up front so once
selected i don't have to look back.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> I was a metastock user and a tradestation user. Switched to AB and
never
> looked back. Not sure how the storage would be different in another
> program...how would you save CSCO data and IBM data in one file???
to back
> up you just back up the data directory and all the symbols get
backed up
> automatically. Who do you use for data?? AB reads MS , TC2000 and
QP2 data