RE: [amibroker] AmiBroker vs other programs

I was
a metastock user and a tradestation user. Switched to AB and never looked back.
Not sure how the storage would be different in another program...how would you
save CSCO data and IBM data in one file??? to back up you just back up the data
directory and all the symbols get backed up automatically. Who do you use for
data?? AB reads MS , TC2000 and QP2 data directly and can down load free data
from several sources. The trial is just that, a trial. experiment and get a feel
for what you have to work with. At $99 you have little to lose and a lot to gain
by registering. What are you using now?

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: cowdude650
[mailto:cowdude650@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 12:55
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
AmiBroker vs other programsDecided to check out
AmiBroker based on som heavy "testimonials" on other sites. Anyway,
there are parts of it that are interesting. But has anyone spent a bunch of
time with AmiBroker and then switched back to some other program?One
thing that seems strange is AmiBroker stores each symbol's price data as a
separate file which is amazingly inefficient on space and awkward because i
would imagine, literally thousands of files could get touched at the end of
the day on price updates. I backup daily so waiting for my backups to
complete would be painful as each of the thousands have to be written to my
backup drive. Aso the trial version for 30 days does nto let you save so
you cannot really play with it after you spend time downloading.  a
definite bad idea.Thots?Send
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.