[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker and TC2000

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "downhillspeedster"
<downhillspeedster@xxxx> wrote:

> I don't understand. You should be able to stick any type of data
> field in to a variant, yes?

You'd think so, but it doesn't work. See Microsoft KB
article 165967, "...While VBSCRIPT is capable of
accepting arrays of non-variant type for the purposes
of boundary checking and passing it to other
automation objects, the engine does not allow
manipulation of the array contents at this time."

Visual Basic for Applications does work with
non-variant arrays, so Excel spreadsheets can
synch with TCNet watchlists. I have a free
spreadsheet anyone can play with at

http://users.softcom.net/jamesv/tc2xcl/main.html

The ultimate solution to get AmiB to synch with
TCNet watchlists and scans would be to write a
little Visual Basic app or dll that would simply
translate the arrays to variant types so vbscript
and jscript could work with them. I won't be
writing these anytime soon because I haven't
purchased Visual Basic and don't plan to :-)

 -- Jim V.