[amibroker] Re: D-ratio and short candles

Ron,

Have you considered using Bollinger bands bandwidth rather than D-
ratio to locate interesting consolidation patterns? When price
swings drop to low levels for a period of time, the equities'
volitility is also dropping.  This is eqauivalent to short candles.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
>  I am struggling  with AFL, so In my previous posts under the
subject heading of SHORT CANDLES, I almost begged for someone to let
me have their top secret AFL codes for finding consolidation
patterns where the candles become very short.

> I received several informative responses, but no one stopped to
drop their top secret AFL codes into my tin cup.  I did, however
receive some clues about how I should proceed. I followed up on
these clues and with some MODIFICATION, I came up with the following
D-ratio Indicator coding.

> //Create first your Ron_ratio=1000*(O-C)/(O+C);
>

> Ron_ratio=1000*abs(O-C)/(O+C);
>
> R=DEMA(Ron_ratio,20);
>
> Graph0=R;
>
> /*AND see the resulting oscillation.
>
> The Plot of R will tell so many things to your next steps.
>
> Dimitris Tsokakis*/
>

> I then tried to add my  (multiple moving averages) code system to
the graph, but I failed to get it to work.

> I have applied  multiple moving averages to OBV, and other
indicators, and they work as they should.

> I use the word Key in my code, so that it is easy for me to apply
multiple moving averages to different things.

> I need advice regarding what I need to set Key to be.
Key=?????.        All advice will be appreciated.  Ron D