  >From:
  Sidney
  Kaiser
  To: <A title=AmiBroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">AmiBroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 12:46
PM
  Subject: [amibroker] PT and memory
  usage
  I am running a Portfolio Trader scan this morning and
  thought this information might be helpful to other users.PT scan,
  16 iterations on ~280 stocks for 6 months:  I have had memory
  problems with this scan so I decided to monitor what was going on by using
  the Windows Task Manager, ( win 2k, win xp )  cntl-alt-delete to
  invokeI was not sure AB was running so I started there.WTM
  processes tab: sure enough Broker.exe was getting 98% of the CPU
  cycles.To check the memory usage go to the WTM Performance tab: the
  interesting things here is the Page File usage chart and the Physical
  Memory statistics.At first you can watch the executing programs eat up
  your physical (RAM) memory.  It sucked down my 1024 Mb of RAM to
  about 5Mb before it started to do serious disk swapping for temporary
  storage.  At the moment the scan is still running and the Page File
  usage is up to 1.75 Gb.  If you run out of Page File space the
  program will crash with (probably) an out of memory error
  message.You can monitor your system to see how a big scan is
  doing.  If you have some spare HD space you can increase the Page
  File size.Note: exit all running programs before you attempt changing
  the Page File size or you may regret the resulting occasional
  crash...start/control panel/system/advanced/performance
  settings/advanced/virtual memory change/The recommended
  settings at the bottom of the page will probably be too small.  Use
  the custom setting to increase the min/max Page File  settings.
  At the moment I am using 2Gb min and 4 Gb max.  Reboot to have the
  settings take effect.CheersSidSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

  anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.489 / Virus