Re: [amibroker] Re: IQFeed

Hello,

> interesting. Does it mean that it is possible to start Amibroker two
> times, ie. two instances of Amibroker, and then use IQFeed with both
> instances of Amibroker?
Yes it is possible.

> For example, I'd like to have 1 minute charts and simultaneously also
> 60 minute charts to see the bigger picture.   Or perhaps also charts
> with a daily timeframe but updated in realtime.

Yes it is possible. Frankly simultaneous viewing 1 minute and 60 minute charts
are possible also using single instance running 1 minute base interval.
Just use Window->New menu
and change viewing interval VIew->Intraday->60 minute.

> I know that it is possible to start multiple instances of Amibroker.
> But would it be possible that multiple instances of Amibroker use
> IQFeed?  Which means that multiple instances of the IQFeed plug-in
> would access the IQFeed concurrently.

Just run AmiBroker twice. Use File->Open database to load different database
into each one. Both databases can use IQFeed plugin.
THis will give you 2 AmiBrokers and 2 plugins open but they will be using
the same (and only one) IQFeed Connect.

Please note that you need a 1.3.1 version of IQFeed for this
http://www.amibroker.com/iqfeed.html

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com