Re: [amibroker] Re: IQFeed

Hello,

IQFeed unfortunatelly does not allow to connect multiple times  in a 'regular' way
therefore application developers must implement the following trick:
if IQFeed is already running then do not 'register; application with it
(normally causes launch IQFeed) but simply connect.
This is according to 'official' guidelines of IQFeed.
Such method is implemented in Amibroker's IQFeed plugin.
Unfortunatelly when application that was launched first and started IQFeed
terminates, it automatically closes IQFeed Connect (because it has
no reference counting) so the second application (that was started later
and implemented the method described above) gets into trouble.

Therefore until IQFeed API addresses somehow reference counting
it is advised to close applications using IQFeed in the reverse order, for example:

1. Run QuoteTracker (launches IQFeed Connect)
2. Run AmiBroker (detects IQFeed Connect already running and does not launch IQFeed)
3. Close AmiBroker (knows that it does not launched IQFeed Connect and does not close it)
4. Close QuoteTracker (closes IQFeed Connect)

or

1. Run AmiBroker (launches IQFeed Connect)
2. Run QuoteTracker (detects IQFeed Connect already running and does not launch IQFeed)
3. Close QuoteTracker (knows that it does not launched IQFeed Connect and does not close it)
4. Close AmiBroker (closes IQFeed Connect)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com