Re: [amibroker] Finding short candles

Hi Jayson & Ron,

J> Or better yet........ as a percentage of the "Normal" ATR. For
J> instance I monitor during the day the percentage of the ATR(1) as
J> compared to the ATR(14) by using the code. This also compares
J> today's Vol to its own 50 day Vol......

I look at the relationships between the previous day's range and
ATR(2), (16) and (50) as well to try and gauge consolidation (looking
for volatility breakout candidates).

How did I happen to settle on those look back periods?  Lots of "over
optimization".  <rotfl>

Best,

Yuki

mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx