RE: [amibroker] Re: Tickers for up- and down points?

<SPAN
class=991280514-25062003>Patrik,
<SPAN
class=991280514-25062003>
so you
want to find stocks that are up and stock that are down and you want to count
how much they are up or down???
<SPAN
class=991280514-25062003>
If so
than addtocomposite is the answer. In the code below you are simply summing the
values for up to a composite ticker called ~updn. Positive values are stored to
the high field while negative values are stored to the Low field. Place the code
in the AA window and choose your watchlist containing the stocks you wish to
calculate. Scan the code. Now select the new composite ticker ~updn set aa to
look at current stock only then run the same code as an exploration to see your
results. Of course you can also plot the highs or lows of the newly created
composite.
<SPAN
class=991280514-25062003>
There
is a good tutorial regarding addtocomposite in the help
section.....
<SPAN
class=991280514-25062003>
<SPAN
class=991280514-25062003>Regards,
<SPAN
class=991280514-25062003>
<SPAN
class=991280514-25062003>Jayson
<SPAN
class=991280514-25062003>
<FONT
color=#000000 size=2>
Buy=0<FONT color=#282828
size=2>;<FONT color=#000000
size=2>
Filter=<FONT
size=2>1<FONT
color=#0000ff>;
 <FONT
color=#0000ff>
up=C<FONT face=Arial
size=2>>Ref<FONT face=Arial
size=2>(C<FONT face=Arial
size=2>,-1<FONT color=#282828 face=Arial
size=2>);
dn=C<FONT face=Arial
size=2><Ref<FONT face=Arial
size=2>(C<FONT face=Arial
size=2>,-1<FONT color=#282828 face=Arial
size=2>);

AddToComposite(<FONT
color=#0000ff size=2>IIf(<FONT
color=#282828 face=Arial size=2>up,<FONT color=#000000
size=2>C-<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>Ref(<FONT color=#000000
size=2>C,-<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>1),<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>0),<FONT color=#ff00ff
face=Arial size=2>"~updn"<FONT color=#282828 face=Arial
size=2>,"H"<FONT
color=#282828 face=Arial size=2>);<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
AddToComposite(<FONT
color=#0000ff size=2>IIf(<FONT
color=#282828 face=Arial size=2>dn,<FONT color=#000000
size=2>C-<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>Ref(<FONT color=#000000
size=2>C,-<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>1),<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>0),<FONT color=#ff00ff
face=Arial size=2>"~updn"<FONT color=#282828 face=Arial
size=2>,"L"<FONT
color=#282828 face=Arial size=2>);
 <FONT
color=#0000ff size=2>
AddColumn(<FONT color=#000000
size=2>H,<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>"Points up");<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>
AddColumn(<FONT color=#000000
size=2>L,<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>"Points dn");

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: patrikfromsweden
[mailto:patrik_ernstson@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003
9:53 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Re: Tickers for up- and down points?Jayson,I
have data for advance/decline issues and up/down volume(eSignal). If I have
data for points gained(up points) and points lost(down points) I can
calculate buying power and selling pressure like Lowry's do, <A
href="">http://www.lowrysreports.com/samples/mta.pdf
/Patrik--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Patrick,> if you have historical
stock data you could calculate the values with> Addtocomposite. Data
suppliers like QP2 and TC2000 (I believe) also provide> data for
advance decline issues and volume. I guess I am not sure what you>
are really asking for...> > Regards,> Jayson>
-----Original Message-----> From: patrikfromsweden
[mailto:patrik_ernstson@xxxx]> Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 9:36
AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Tickers
for up- and down points?> > > Could anyone tell me where I
could find tickers/symbols for Up- and> Down points(EOD) for NYSE and
Nasdaq? I also need historical data.> > I need them to calculate
buying power and selling pressure.> > /patrik> >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.