Re: [amibroker] Price Persistency

Dom,

Price Persistency is the number of days that a
market continues to close either up or down.  It's another term for a
market run.  As an indicator, price persistency is a measure of a very
short term trend based only on the history of the market's movement, unfiltered
by any complex calculation; all it involves is counting.

The advantage of price persistency is in its
simplicity.  The market is currently in a run or it isn't. It's either been
down three days in a row or it hasn't.

OverView:

If you look at each day individually, the odds are
nearly 50-50 that the market would be up ( or down ) the next day.
However, as the sequences run in either direction, the likelihood of the run
continuing generally grows smaller.

<FONT face=Arial

I do not follow you with respect to **messing with
the formula**,,,Would you care to share your altered formula...so I may give a
more complete response...

Anthony

<BLOCKQUOTE