Re: [amibroker] Re: Annoying programming problem: ideas please?

Which makes more sense?  That this guy only had two months of data
to study and found a really good system to test on them?  Or that he
cherry-picked the two months that happened to work? Other thoughts about this
come to mind: What does it take to test a few more months of data?  Maybe
two minutes to bring up each contract and run the analysis?  How lazy would
you have to be not to bother?

Here's where I totally agree with
you, Owen. I've noticed this with a lot of authors in these magazines. They test
their systems over a very small time period and think they have generated a
truly wonderful holy grail!! Even programs other than Amibroker should be able
to run thru a series of tests rapidly on modern day P4's, so there's absolutely
no excuse to publish an article that covers such minute time periods. My
last email was only meant to show equivalency of bar length, but my sense is the
same as yours that testing over much prolonged periods of time is significantly
more valuable and convincing than over a small period like a 2-month window. You
are right in that the writer might very well have chosen a 1-month time period
that worked, when in fact testing the same system over other periods might have
shown the system to totally fall apart. Caveat emptor!!

Al Venosa

Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.