[amibroker] Re: Trendline with Degree output

Wayne,
slope is dimensionless in mathematics. I physics, engineering etc the
slope has dimensions.
In an [s,t] chart the slope ds/dt is the velocity in m/sec.
The slope is the tangent of the angle expressed in radians.
A particle moving 10m in 10sec makes an angle=pi/4, its tangent is tan
[pi/4]=1 and its velocity is 10/10=1.
Back to the subject, aS can do the job, we do not need the angle, we
shall not learn anything more from the angle and, the main
disadvantage, we do not "see" the angle because of different zoom
factor.
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Wayne" <wfs@xxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps the concept of degrees of slope for a price vs time chart
needs to be considered.  The slope of the linear regression line, as
derived from LinRegSlope, is expressed in terms of (change of price)/
(change in time), or something like $/bar, $/day, etc.  (A degree
measurement, however, would be dimensionless, for example as
determined by dividing one quantity, say some distance in meters,
into another distance, which is also in meters).  Consequently, since
LinRegSlope is not really in radians, converting it to degrees
doesn't really do it, but just multiplies the $/bar result by a
(dimensionless) number - ie., 180/pi.
> Question: Why try to convert to degrees?  Perhaps the $/bar slope
is all that is needed?  Or maybe a ($/bar)/(avg price) to get a sort
of % per bar change?