RE: [amibroker] to Graham Kavanagh

MR
The P&F chart will only create a new box when the price moves sufficiently.
That is the base of all P&F charts. It will only change daily if the price
moves to beyond the next box, or if in reverse direction.
Due to the way it has to be constructed in AB using the default time fram
windows the columns are created from the last day backwards. The chart is
not backwards, just it plots in the right hand end of the overall chart
window. There will be a lot of empty spaces to the left of the first X/O
column. So with every change of direction the existing columns all move one
columne to the left to make room for the new move. They will also keep
moving with each new day to the right. Hope this makes sense. Perhaps if I
use numbers. The normal bar chart contains 1,000 days. The PF chart for
this, might only have 100 columns. These will appear in days 901-1000 of the
window pane. 1-900 will be empty. So after another trading day we have 1001
bars (1-1001), and if no change to the PF it will appear in the 902-1001 bar
spaces. If it had a new column started in the last trading day the PF chart
will fill 901-1001 column spaces. Is this what you mean?
Basically with P&F you totally forget about the time, it is purely a means
to space the columns of X and O's.
Hope this answers you
Just a note, I had originally only meant to post one PF chart formula, so I
never bothered with any revisions at first. But then I did post more and so
it all got confused. I did try to start revsion histroy, but got too lazy.
I have tried to remove the ones from yahoo group, but it seems I changed the
login I used and cannot do anything about the older versions (forgot the
earlier login) Don't know if I can remove or change those in AB website to
make certain latest revisions, plus AB version required is included.

Regards Dorsey, I don't think I am that far from what he had. I did post
some website references in an email to the yahoo group recently that I have
used as references.
I will try to make alterations to my PF codes and replace those I have
already uploaded that are out of date etc. also maintaining the version
revsion for last official AB release (4.30) If I can that is

Cheers,
Graham
http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia