[amibroker] to Graham Kavanagh

Hello Graham

Dowloaded P&F formula from AB website, but not the beta version. I
assume that they provide the same results upon analysis for given
stock or index, regardless of the change. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am new to P&F and trying to understand how to read it.

Noticed your posts with regard to P&F and other users of this Group
and get the impression that you do not use the method out of Tom
Dorsey's book "Point and Figure Charting, which seems to be the most
popular name when it comes to this indicator.  Correct me if I am
wrong.

I am more interested in being able to understand your method or
modify your version to fit Dorsey's.

Could you tell me when you programmed your version, it you use a
certain book for your method of P&F or are they all pretty much the
same.  One thing I have noticed with regard to your program is that
it records X's and O's on a daily basis, while others I view do not,
which means the system filters out the noise, so you will not find a
change in the charting unless their is price movement to warrant
this change in the X and O pattern.

Sorry, I don't full understand P&F yet, but I am in the process and
would like to be able to look at these charts in AB to start to
undersand how to use it properly.  Please let me know if there is a
minor or major difference between you settings and Dorsey's if you
are familiar with his work.

Thank You
MR