[amibroker] Re: Graham Kavanagh - - P&F?

Graham,

Thoroughly checked your code and was impressed by your efforts -
although I did make a few superficial mods.  Don't actually know
much about P&F charts so I checked out "Point & Figure Charting" by
Thomas J. Dorsey and from that book was able to better understand
the P&F method.  I decided to follow his methodology, at least as
closely as I could. Also was wondering what "brand" of P&F you use
or what references do you use?  Thanks again for the code and for
your help.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> Mike
> 1. I have not found any bugs in the latest Beta version.
> If you instal the beta version it only updates the operating
files, not any
> of your settings, afls etc. At least I have had no problems
> 2. Your choice to use latest or not. I changed it as my earlier
versions
> were set around a price scale in cents. The new is in dollars.
> 3. I won't comment on other software. My P&F works well enough for
me. But
> because the charts can be based on different factors including box
size &
> method of sizing, reversal amount and style, what price (HiLo or
Close). I
> made every endeavour for the PF chart to be correct. If you find
an error
> within the formula let me know.
>

> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
> http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

P&F,
> for various stocks. The patterns were not close in appearance.
While
> I know that P&F can vary in its programing to meet the users
needs,
> just like using a different MA, shouldn't patterns look similar to
> some degree.
>
> The website I was looking at is www.jcharts.com. Just click on
> member icon, entry is free. Then you have an option to put in your
> stock of interest. After that, you can use a drop down menu to
> choose the chart style.
>
> If you have time and don't mind looking, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
> Your aways a big help
> Mike

-~--> Get
> A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important
Questions.