[amibroker] Re: HELP....... Tomasz or Someone who may know?

>From the "master" TJ :

"The problem is that eSignal API has a bad habit of
limiting number of simultaneous requests so when a scan
is run on AmiBroker it may ignore some requests
 if scan covers too many requests. Since AB scan is so fast
 eSignal is not able to keep up and deliver data on time.
The only way to solve this finally is to add a special
 feature to AmiBroker that will slow down scan / exploration.
 AmiBroker would need to get a new command to wait
 for eSignal (or other source) until external source
 delivers all missing bars.

 This feature will be added in version 4.39. So stay tuned."

WORK around:
you can "slowly" go one by one in the symbols list and they will
update ok
I know is a drag for now BUT I spent countless hours trying anything
I could think of
Also you can do a scan/explore and "CANCEL" it after 20-30% done( I
scan 250 symbols)
Then bring up the eSignal plugin window, click on detail and make
sure that it's "READY" on all symbols
If you see "WAIT" you are stuck - quit AB and reopen it(ONLY IF you
seee WAIT!)
Then scan/explore again and cancel it again at 40-60 %
and so on
FASTER the goin one by one and better for the fingers :)

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Thomas,
> I find when "Wait" is showing that forcing an Esignal disconnect
with shut
> down then reconnecting the plug in will generally get things going
again....

> Regards,
> Jayson

Amibroker
> >       folder from there.  Then reinstalled Amibroker and still
when I
> >       pulled it up it came up with a "blank" screen and no data
on the
> >       screen and it is not updating, I tried to right click on
> >       the "connection" but it will not allow me to.  Esignal is
working
> >       with with the other programs just not Amibroker.  Any
thoughts as to
> >       what I can do to fix it?  Also is there something else I
could
> remove
> >       to completely remove Amibroker from my system? Thanks for
your help

> >       Mark
> >

> >       Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >       Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx