[amibroker] Re: xxTool

Rik,

I am going to recap here the remedies discussed relating to your
problem with ABTool... but in my own words. See if this makes a little
more sense.

The instant you place ABTool in the Plugin subdirectory, it is going
to (for lack of a better word) 'hijack' the normal operation of
Amibroker during Startup. The way it does this is by forcing the
immediate execution of an ABTool script called 'Autoexec.xss' which
goes thru several execution steps which are causing your
consternation.   One of the (several) execution steps spawned by
'Autoexec.xss' is 'Autoexec.afl' which seems to be causing you the
most aggrevation.

Here is what I suggest (and UM is welcome to jump on my case if he
wants). Find the 'Autoexec.xss' text file and edit it as follows:

... Unlike an Amibroker AFL scripts which use a comment char sequence
of '//' or '/*', ABTool *.xss commands are commented out by preceeding
the commands with the # sumbol.

... Examine 'Autoexec.xss' closely and be aware that any lines that
are not preceeded with the '#' symbol are going to be executed upon
Amibroker STARTUP.

... I suggest that you comment out each uncommented line by adding a
leading '#' character. Then your Amibroker Stratup will be normal.

... Then take the time to learn and understand the purpose of the
default ABTool Startup sequence so that you can take advantage of it
in the future.

While I don't take execption with the way ABTool is delivered with the
default execution of Autoexec.afl (via Autoexec.xss), it does force
you to become a 'quick learner'.

Regards,

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rik Rasmussen" <hrasmussen@xxxx> wrote:
> If you review the messages you will see that I promptly took your
advice and
> commented out the lines you suggested and said thanks for the
suggestion.

> Subsequently, I discovered an AA window was apparently also being
opened by
> some function of ABtool.
>
> It is easy, when you are intimately associated with a project, not
to have
> understanding of or tolerance of those who are not, but I suggest
you might
> try.
>
> You seem determined to leave no doubt you are a jerk.
>
> Rik Rasmussen
> Stock Analyzer mailing list moderator
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stockanalyzer/

 Edit
> Delete  Cut
>            AutoExec.xxs
>             ABtool/AutoExec.xxs (optional)  2 KB anty3de  06/02/2003
 Edit
> Delete  Cut
>            AutoTerm.xxs
>             ABtool/AutoTerm.xxs (optional)  1 KB anty3de  06/02/2003
 Edit
> Delete  Cut
>            DJ-Table-Salil.afl
>             DJ-Table-Salil.afl -- Demonstrates use of
import/sort/export of
> table  3 KB salil_gangal  05/25/2003  Edit  Delete  Cut
>            Functions.afl
>             Collection of some User Defined Functions  3 KB anty3de
> 06/04/2003  Edit  Delete  Cut
>            HOWTO_AutoExec.txt
>             HOWTO about the AutoExec feature of ABtool  4 KB anty3de
> 05/21/2003  Edit  Delete  Cut
>            Richs2.afl
>             Sample ABtool application; requires v0.9.16 or higher  8 KB
> anty3de  06/01/2003  Edit  Delete  Cut
>            Richs3b.afl
>             Demonstrates xxMemDbg() usage in a project  9 KB anty3de
> 06/02/2003  Edit  Delete  Cut
>            SUPPORT.txt
>             Support requirements (not for computer illiterates)  3 KB
> anty3de  06/04/2003  Edit  Delete  Cut
>            xxABI_Reference.txt
>             xxABI Reference  8 KB anty3de  05/21/2003  Edit  Delete  Cut
>            xxMemDbg_Example.log
>             xxMemDbg() sample output

ABtool and