Re: [amibroker] Re: Yahoo downloads

Hello,

1. If you are using broadband connection you have to
increase time between requests otherwise Yahoo
will consider your frequent requests as 'denial of service' attack
and it will block your IP.

See FAQ page http://www.amibroker.com/faq.html

I have a DSL line and "Auto-update quotes" started fine for first 500 symbols but I now get time-outs. What can I do?

Yahoo is blocking you. After infamous Internet worm attack, Yahoo considers repeating multiple downloads as a "denial of service"
attack.
To resolve this:

  1.. if possible reconnect with diffferent IP (otherwise you would need to wait half an hour or more until Yahoo unblocks you)
  2.. Get AmiQuote 1.52 (http://www.amibroker.com/download.html)
  3.. go to the "Settings" and set "Initial delay between requests" to 1000 and "max number of simultaneous downloads" to 1.
2. Quotes Plus does not need any template because you simply follow the instructions in the
Tutorial: How to use AmiBroker with external data source (Quotes Plus, TC2000/TCNet, FastTrack, Metastock)
and within 1 minute you will have your database of all US stocks, indices (and mutual funds and futures)
initialized completely with proper categories (groups/sectors/industries) completely ready with all quotes.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com