RE: [amibroker] styleNoLabel - Bug or correct behavior?

each his own.......While Rik prefers the > leaders , I hate them and prefer
the HTML version. In a group this large it is unlikely every one will be 100%
satisfied............

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Anthony Faragasso
[mailto:ajf1111@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 7:10
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
styleNoLabel - Bug or correct behavior?Sorry about that
Rik..... Anthony -------Original Message------- From:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Thursday, May 22, 2003 7:00:24 AM To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: RE: [amibroker] styleNoLabel - Bug or
correct behavior? Following up on my complaints about Anthony's message
format when receivedby me. I did change my setting at the group web
site to convert plaintext to HTMLand that corrected the problem as you can
see below. I hate it because all the plain text messages come to me in
HTML now. The thing I do not like about them is the format of included
text on repliesas seen below. I prefer the plain text reply with the > at
the begining ofeach line of included text. But, I guess I will live
with this for now. Rik Rasmussen Stock Analyzer mailing list
moderator <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stockanalyzer/
-----Original Message----- From: Anthony Faragasso
[mailto:ajf1111@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 6:54 AM To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [amibroker] styleNoLabel - Bug or
correct behavior? Wolfgang, The StyleNoLabel controls the
Label value at the Left side of the Chart. You can control the Title header
output by using the Title= command. aroonUp=100- HHVBars(H
,periods)*100/periods; aroonDn=100- LLVBars(L ,periods)*100/periods;
Plot(aroonUp, "aroonUp", colorGreen, styleNoRescale|styleLine,- 10,110);
Plot(aroonDn, "aroonDn", colorRed, styleLine);
Plot(110,"topStrut",colorRed,styleNoDraw|styleNoLabel);
Plot(-10,"botStrut",colorRed,styleNoDraw|styleNoLabel);
Title=Name()+" "+ArronUp = "+writeval(arronUp,1)+" " +"ArronDn=
+writeval(arronDn,1); Anthony -------Original Message-------
From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Thursday, May 22, 2003 1:22:07
AM To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [amibroker] styleNoLabel - Bug
or correct behavior? AmiBroker RT 4.38 beta: I'm not sure
whether it is the correct behavior (could be the case that I make wrong
assumptions on the correct behavior), but plots with styleNoLabel still show
a label in the TitledBorder of the chart pane. For example, with the
example in <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/24809
the following two plot commands create "ume = 30.00" and "ume = 70.00
"  labels in the top border of the chart pane.  Is this really
intended? Plot( 30,"ume", colorWhite, styleNoLabel | styleLine |
styleOwnScale, 0, 100 ); Plot( 70,"ume", colorWhite, styleNoLabel |
styleLine | styleOwnScale, 0, 100 ); What I wanted to do is
to plot the Aroon-Indicator and properly scale it: I implemented the
Aroon as follows (more elegantly than the lengthy formula in the AFL
library): <A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com/library/formula.php?id=2
periods=14; aroonUp=100- HHVBars(H ,periods)*100/periods;
aroonDn=100- LLVBars(L ,periods)*100/periods; Plot(aroonUp, "aroonUp",
colorGreen, styleNoRescale|styleLine,- 10,110); Plot(aroonDn, "aroonDn",
colorRed, styleLine); In order for the indicator to scale correctly, I
inserted two lines to create some space above Aroon's maximum value (100)
and below its minimum value (0).
Plot(110,"topStrut",colorRed,styleNoDraw|styleNoLabel);
Plot(-10,"botStrut",colorRed,styleNoDraw|styleNoLabel); This results
in two labels being shown in the TitledBorder of the ChartPane: "topStrut =
110.00", "botStrut = -10". A workaround/solution for the indicator
to scale correctly, without any labels for the "struts" being shown in the
border is: PlotGrid(110,colorBlack); PlotGrid(-10,colorBlack);
(assuming the border of the chartPane is drawn in black).
Anyone know whether the behavior of styleNoLabel in above example
was the correct result or whether it was was a bug? regards,
Wolfgang Yahoo! Groups Sponsor Send
BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.