RE: [amibroker] Beta function added to AmiBroker Library

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Rademacher [mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx]
Subject: [amibroker] Beta function added to AmiBroker Library

> I have just uploaded a function to calculate beta.
> Here is the description that I provided with that function:

[snip]

Chuck,
Thank you for you work.

Is it true that beta of a risky asset is calculated as bellow?

beta(i) = cov(i,M) / std.dev(M)^2 = corr(i,M) x (std.dev(i)/std.dev(M)

where:
cov(i,M) - covariance between stock i and the market portfolio (== index)
std.dev(i) - standard deviation of stock i
std.dev(M) - standard deviation of the market portfolio
corr(i,M) - correlation coefficient between stock i and the market portfolio

If it is true then beta can be calculated using pure AFL functions. Right?
Do we get the same results or there is a difference somewhere?

Regards,
Marek

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM