  >From:
  <A title=jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Jayson
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 4:40 PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] String
  question

  <SPAN
  class=290302014-19052003>Markus,
  Why
  not simply do this in QP2 then create a watchlist of your exported qp2 list?
  The advantage is that AB does not need to chug through your whole database
  checking all your various criteria since every stock in your watchlist will
  meet all your criteria.When doing scans and explores you simply point to this
  "Universe" of stocks.

  Regards,
  Jayson
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: funnybiz@xxxxxx
  [mailto:funnybiz@xxxxxx]Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 5:32
  AMTo: Amibroker (Yahoo-Forum)Subject: [amibroker] String
  question
  Hello,

  I want to exclude all preferred stocks from my
  scan.

  In their symbols they either end with " p" (space
  p) or with " p.." (space p followed by any other letter).

  While the first may be excluded by<FONT
  face="Courier New" color=#6600aa>
  (StrRight<FONT
  face="Courier New" color=#6600aa>(<FONT face="Courier New"
  color=#0000ff>Name<FONT face="Courier New"
  color=#6600aa>(),2<FONT
  face="Courier New" color=#6600aa>) != <FONT face="Courier New"
  color=#ff00ff>" P"
  how could exclude latter case since I donīt know which (if at all) letter
  might follow??
  Thank you for your help

  Markus

  (StrRight<FONT
  face="Courier New" color=#6600aa>(<FONT face="Courier New"
  color=#0000ff>Name<FONT face="Courier New"
  color=#6600aa>(),2<FONT
  face="Courier New" color=#6600aa>) != <FONT face="Courier New"
  color=#ff00ff>" P"<FONT face="Courier New"
  color=#6600aa>);Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.