RE: [amibroker] String question

<SPAN
class=290302014-19052003>Markus,
Why
not simply do this in QP2 then create a watchlist of your exported qp2 list? The
advantage is that AB does not need to chug through your whole database checking
all your various criteria since every stock in your watchlist will meet all your
criteria.When doing scans and explores you simply point to this "Universe" of
stocks.

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: funnybiz@xxxxxx
[mailto:funnybiz@xxxxxx]Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 5:32
AMTo: Amibroker (Yahoo-Forum)Subject: [amibroker] String
question
Hello,

I want to exclude all preferred stocks from my
scan.

In their symbols they either end with " p" (space
p) or with " p.." (space p followed by any other letter).

While the first may be excluded by<FONT
color=#6600aa face="Courier New">
(StrRight<FONT
color=#6600aa face="Courier New">(<FONT color=#0000ff
face="Courier New">Name<FONT color=#6600aa
face="Courier New">(),<FONT color=#ff00ff
face="Courier New">2) !=
" P"
how could exclude latter case since I donīt know which (if at all) letter
might follow??
Thank you for your help

Markus

(StrRight<FONT
color=#6600aa face="Courier New">(<FONT color=#0000ff
face="Courier New">Name<FONT color=#6600aa
face="Courier New">(),<FONT color=#ff00ff
face="Courier New">2) !=
" P"<FONT color=#6600aa
face="Courier New">);Send
group FAQ at: <A