[amibroker] Re: Color coding of bars

I appreciate all replies, but my point hasn't been really
understood so far (maybe because my English was too poor).

In the meantime I've noted too that the color in which the body of a
candle is drawn can be manually set via the Tools->Preferences-
>Colors dialog.

There are two colors variables:
- Up candlestick
- Down candlestick

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any way to set the candle
body color programatically (from AFL) for individual bars.

With assignments to graphNBarColor or the color parameter in the plot
() function only the color of the candle _outlines_ can be specified.
The candle body, however, for up/down candles respectively does
always get filled in the color specfied via the the preferences menu.

There doesn't appear to be a way to set the candle body color
individually for single candles.

I'd appreciate a comment from Tomasz Janeczko regarding this matter.

If there is no way to set the color of individual candle bodies, it
would constitute a serious drawback / design weakness, as the color
coding feature is then almost useless compared to Metastock.  But
maybe there is a way which is just not documented in the help file.

Yes, I'm aware that most traders use only the simple setup where up
candles are just colored in one color and down candles in another,
but I personally hate this setup and use the color coding in
Metastock to highlight various technical criteria.  After all, up-
/down candles can be already distinguished sufficiently by filling
the candle body or leaving it hollow/unfilled (the latter is
equivalent to filling it in the background color).  The actual color
can be used for more important things.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM