From: Fred [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 9:47 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Calculation of Equity and Drawdowns - trying to
understand what's going on..

NO ...

Max TRADE loss applies to a single trade as is also referred to as
largest loss ... and is in the case you describe 20% ...

Max DD is NOT constricted to the confines of ONE trade ... think of
it as having two back to back trades like the one you descibe ...
largest loss is still 20% but Max DD is 40%

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> I would like to clarify the difference between Maxdd and Max "Loss
in
> Trade"
>

> As an example, suppose I buy a stock at 90 and it rises to 100, then
> falls to 80, then rises to 85, and I sell it at 85. (Or the system
makes
> these events happen.)
>

> I think the MaxDD is 20% (100-80/100) or 20/100, but the Max Loss in
> Trade is 5.55%  (90-85/90) or 5/90.  This latter phrase assumes
that the
> 5.55% is the maximum loss of all trades during the backtest period.
>

> Is this correct?
>

> Ken

calc

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM