RE: [amibroker] Re: Esignal & EOD Data

<SPAN
class=577205314-16052003>Ken,
How
are you keeping 1500 stock current? I found that trying to run addtocomposite on
even an EOD data base that many, many stocks do not get updated as the wait time
from esignal can cause them to be skipped. In my experience I need to run
explorations several times just to get the database up to the same date. What is
your secret?

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close
[mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 7:41
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
Re: Esignal & EOD DataHowever, a watchout with this
advice is that if you wish to "build-up"your data so you eventually can
backtest more than 60 days worth ofdata, you need to set the number to a
very high value.  TJ will comeback and reply that this will degrade
performance somewhat, but I havenever really noticed any degradation on my
system.  Nonetheless, theprogram is set up with a first-in, first-out
model and after you exceedthe number of data points to save, the oldest data
starts to get deletedautomatically by the program.  There is approx
102,000 datapoints in oneyear of 1 min data.KenPS:  if
the new program versions are different in this regard (they donot delete
data on FIFO basis, then I would like to know about it.PSS: I have been
collecting data since last May (2002) on approx 1500symbols. I have missed a
number of dates but right now the entireeSignal directory is holding
775Mbytes.  Large HDs are a requirement.-----Original
Message-----From: Tomasz Janeczko [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx] Sent:
Friday, May 16, 2003 4:44 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
[amibroker] Re: Esignal & EOD DataHello,500'000 is far too
much for 60 days.60 days for stocks represents about 30'000 bars.So it
is enough to enter say 40'000 with enough 'safety margin'.Best
regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com----- Original Message -----
From: "jehmac" <jehmac@xxxxxxxxx>To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 7:59
AMSubject: [amibroker] Re: Esignal & EOD Data> You should
be getting about 60 days of intraday data backfill with> esignal. (1
min)> > Make sure you database setting has a high 'number of bars
to load'> setting so that you get all the data. (max 500000)>
<dajester_147@xxxx> > wrote:> > Hello everyone,>
> > > Just subscribed to Esignal today, so I am having problems (as
> usual!) > > with the database. I noticed that the default is
set to 1min for > > Amibroker using esignal RT data feed. However,
when I switch over > to > > daily view, I only seem to get the
last 5 day worth of daily data. > > Since I primarily trade on daily
data, but use intraday for > > entry/exit, can I get more historical
data in the database, but > also > > keep a couple of days
worth of intraday info ?> > > > Thanks,> >
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at:<A
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to<A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Send
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.