RE: [amibroker] SPX comparison in chart?

 You can do this a number of ways.  One way would be to create an indicator window which would plot the ^spx ( as in a pane below or above your other indicator panes)For this simply use the Indicator Builder and then use the PlotForeign command.Or, you could build the ^spx plot into another pane, like so: PlotOHLC(... ; //Plots currently selected tickerGraph1=MA(C,20); //Plots Moving average of close of that tickerPlotForeign(...; //Plots Foreign, in this case ^spx, ticker  NOTE: Use "styleownscale" in addition to whatever style plot you use since the values of the index will often be far greater than those of the ticker you have selected.Also, I am not sure you want to use layers for doing this.  However, I have not had the time to study the potential of the layers feature yet, so someone else may better be able to ad
 vise you on this.What I have proposed here does not require any use of layers. --- On Thu 05/15, Anthony C. Abry < abry@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:From: Anthony C. Abry [mailto: abry@xxxxxxxxx]To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDate: Thu, 15 May 2003 11:35:34 -0700Subject: [amibroker] SPX comparison in chart?Hi,Being new Amibroker I still have my share of the learning curve to fulfilland apologize for a (maybe) stupid question in advance.I would like to plot the SP500 (^SPX) as a comparison in the price chart ofany security I plot - preferable as a line while the charts shows the OHLCbar of a specific security.I have not managed to get "Layers" to work as the tutorial just shows how tochange the name from "Custom Layer 1" to "SPX" but not how to add somethingto make it do somethin
 g.....Thank you in advance.Anthony AbrySend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Join Excite! - http://www.excite.comThe most personalized portal on the Web!