[amibroker] AmiBroker/QuoteTraker for ASX

Regarding AmiBroker, QuoteTraker and their ability to be used
effectively together for ASX trading in Australia.

I have just started my share trading (career?) pursuits and I am
trying to choose which software/data feeds, etc to purchase and rely
on.

I very much like QT.  I cannot find anything that comes close to it
(although I have not sampled many alternatives).

I like what I see with AmiBroker but I have not been able to get
very far with "trying it out".  I have NOT been able to import any
ASX EOD data into it.  I have followed OzFalcon's guide (from the
files section on Yahoo) and all seems to go without a hitch.  Then I
import EOD data (the historical data from stideas.com) BUT I can
never see any charts or trace of the imported data?????

Is this a limitation on the trial version (I know I can't save my
database but for now I just want to create one to play with)?

Yes, the trial does come with sample data but I still want to
experience (and understand) the chore of importing the daily
download before I commit to AmiBroker.

Also, I hope that I can use QT to feed intraday data the AB – I
read a few past posts that seem to indicate some problems with this –
has this been resolved?

Lastly, is it possible to use AB to also study the derivatives
(ETOs, Warrants, etc) markets?

Sorry for the long post.  All comment appreciated.

Cheers
Peter

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping