RE: [amibroker] Re: Exploration Help Please

<SPAN
class=513340914-13052003>writeif for text I think.......

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: markf2
[mailto:feierstein@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 9:43
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Exploration Help PleaseGraham, thanks, but tried that
and got a "bad arguments" message.Apparently iif cannot be used with
text.Mark--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham"
<gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:> Sorry I did not know whatif did not work
in addtextcolumn> > This may work better> level=iif(C >
25,"Hi","Lo");> > Cheers,> Graham> <A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading>
<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia>
> -----Original Message-----> From: markf2
[mailto:feierstein@xxxx] > Sent: Tuesday, 13 May 2003 9:20 PM> To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Exploration Help
Please> > Graham- Your logic for what I want to accomplish is
good, but which> functions to use and how to use them is the
problem.  For example, to> add a column with text you must use
AddTextColumn.  But WriteIf gives> error messages when inside
it.  So I tried this as simple test code:> > level=WriteIf(C
> 25,"Hi","Lo");> Filter=1;> AddColumn(C, "C", 1.4 );>
AddTextColumn(level,"Close Level");> > Unfortunately this always
returns "Hi", even if C<=25.  I think the > issue is how to
insert a string into AddTextColumn that varies based> on a condition, but
nothing I've tried works.  Any more ideas? Thanks> for your efforts,
BTW.> > Mark> > > --- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:> >
Do you mean something like> > EnterLong = flip(buy,sell);> >
ExitLong = flip(sell,buy);> > Entershort = flip(short,cover);>
> ExitShort = flip(cover,short);>
>>Addcolumn(writeif(EnterLong,"long",writeif(ExitLong,"out",writeif(EnterShort>
> ,"short",writeif(ExitShort,"out")))),"trade");> > > >
Don't know if it works, but could be something to start with, if it>
workds> > that is> > > > Cheers,> >
[mailto:feierstein@xxxx] > > Sent: Tuesday, 13 May 2003 8:16
PM> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Subject: [amibroker]
Exploration Help Please> > > > Hello Everyone,Is it possible
to to add a column of text to an> > exploration that indicates whether
a trading system is long, short, or> > out of the market?
Specifically, I need to add a column that specifies> > "Long" or
"Short" (depending on which is the case) beginning with the> > bar of
entry, through and including the bar before the bar of exit,> > then
"Out" beginning with the exit bar and continuing for all bars the> >
system's not in the market, etc.  I'd like to do this directly with>
> whatever array(s)track this info, because inferring it through the>
> relationship between the equity function and prices doesn't always>
> work (for example, problems with lag if exiting with a delay).
Thanks.> > Mark> > > > > > > >
Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to
Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > >
(Web page: <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
> > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> Send
SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Choose your car now!- Make -AcuraAM GeneralAston MartinAudiBentleyBMWBuickCadillacChevroletChevrolet TruckChryslerDaewooDodgeDodge TruckFerrariFordFord TruckGMCGMC TruckHondaHyundaiInfinitiIsuzuJaguarJeepKiaLamborghiniLand RoverLexusLincolnLotusMazdaMazda TruckMercedes-BenzMercuryMitsubishiNissanNissan TruckOldsmobilePlymouthPontiacPorscheRolls-RoyceSaabSaturnSubaruSuzukiToyotaToyota TruckVolkswagenVolvo