Re: [amibroker] Looping through "foreign" files

Thanks dingo,
if you would like to have some more functions
added to ABtool.DLL let me know please.
Ie. the algorithm already should
have been
developed and tested; making <FONT
face=Arial>a fast C++
version of it is then easily done.
UM

<BLOCKQUOTE

  see that UM has come to the rescue with a great solution so I'll put the code
  grinder on hold for now.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Great looking dll there UM!
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>d

    <FONT
    face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Chuck
    Rademacher [mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, May
    02, 2003 10:59 PMTo: <A
    href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
    RE: [amibroker] Looping through "foreign" files
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Wow...
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>That looks like exactly what I am looking to do.   If you
    are able to send a beta, that would be great!
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Dingo was going to write something for me, but I will tell him to
    relax until I see if yours does the job.
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Thanks in advance for the dll.   If you are looking for
    more ideas, I will send you some over the next few days.
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Did you write the dll in Delphi or C++?   Has anyone
    written any plug-ins in Delphi?
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Cheers
    <BLOCKQUOTE

      <FONT face="Times New Roman"
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From: uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx
      [mailto:uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003
      10:49 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
      [amibroker] Looping through "foreign" files
      Hi Chuck,
      would the following help? If yes, I can send you
      beta of the plugin.
      But, it is a beta and not
      certified
      yet by amibroker.com.

      I'm open for more useful additions to the
      plugin.
      UM

      /* ABtool.AFL for private plugin
      ABtool.DLL   Demonstrates the use of some of the following
      AFL extension    functions of the plugin "ABtool.DLL" (still
      beta version!).   You should set "ApplyTo current stock" and
      "n last quotes n=1"   before starting such a script.

           STRING TickerFirst(NUMBER
      watchlistnum);
      // gets first ticker in the WL (eventually put all to a WL to use
      this)     STRING TickerNext(NUMBER
      watchlistnum);     STRING TickerPrev(NUMBER
      watchlistnum);     STRING TickerLast(NUMBER
      watchlistnum);     NUMBER TickerCount(NUMBER
      watchlistnum = -1);        // -1 means
      all tickers in the database
           NUMBER FileOpen(STRING
      filename, STRING mode);       // mode: "r",
      "w", "a"     NUMBER FileClose(NUMBER
      filehandle);
      // filehandle was returned by FileOpen()
      NUMBER FileWriteStr(STRING str, NUMBER filehandle);
           STRING FileReadLine(NUMBER
      filehandle);
      // newline char will be removed internally*/

      Filter = true;

      WL    =
      1;
      // set your WL herefname = "test2a.txt";  // define the
      filename

      nTickerWL = TickerCount(WL);AddColumn(nTickerWL,
      "TickersInWL", 1);

      nTickerAll = TickerCount();AddColumn(nTickerAll,
      "TickersAll", 1);

      // write all tickers in WL to a filefh = FileOpen(fname,
      "w");ticker = TickerFirst(WL);FileWriteStr(ticker + "\n",
      fh);fEnd = false;while (!fEnd)  {
      ticker = TickerNext(WL);    if (ticker !=
      "")      FileWriteStr(ticker + "\n",
      fh);    else      fEnd =
      true;  }FileClose(fh);  // dont forget to close!

      // read file:fh = FileOpen(fname, "r");fEnd = false;while
      (!fEnd)  {    ticker =
      FileReadLine(fh);    if (ticker !=
      "")      ticker = ticker;  // do here
      something better than that