[amibroker] Re: Naming conventions for functions.

Chuck,

I am pretty much in agreement with most if not all your suggested
standards.  Persoanlly I label my own functions as @f-whatever.  The
lead @ tells me it's something I wrote and groups my stuff together
and the f tells me it's a function as opposed to a (s)ystem or an (i)
ndicator.  Beyond that I precede the name of arrays and variables
whether they are passed to the function or local to the function or
results returned from the function with the function name so that
there can be no confusion about what belongs to what.  I would think
this necessary if one did not either have to have inline or #INCLUDEd
functions but that's the requirement.

Fred

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> I've written several functions that I would like to post to our new
> facility.   A couple of questions arise:
>
> 1.  Has any thought been given to naming conventions?   I doubt
that we
> could get 900 people to agree, so perhaps TJ could offer a
suggestion?   I
> simply put a lowercase "f" in front of mine.  fRSquare and
fCorrCoeff, for
> instance.   I saw someone else used the "@" symbol.   I think I
prefer the
> later.   Any thoughts?
>
> 2.  If a function references another function, the #INCLUDE
statement
> probably wouldn't work for everyone.   I doubt, for instance, that
there
> would be many users who have AmiBroker running on drive "F" as I
do.    I
> thought, therefore, that it would be best to not have #INCLUDE
statements
> within functions, but to advise prospective users of any functions
that are
> referenced by any function that they might download.  Then, all
#INCLUDE
> statements could reside in the main AFL code.   I hope this make
sense.  Any
> comments?

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping