RE: [amibroker] Re: Built-in DEMA questions

<SPAN
class=108181522-27042003>Tomasz,
the
new comments in the help make this far clearer to an average user like myself
than does the c++ code. I also appreciate the examples with for looping and AMA.
The more examples we see the clearer the use and value of these additions
become.
<SPAN
class=108181522-27042003>
<SPAN
class=108181522-27042003>thanks,
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
[mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 3:53
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Built-in DEMA questionsTomasz,I clearly understand
these relations, they are already in my initial messages.It is OK with
me, do not spend any more time, thank you.If it is also OK with you, I mean
if you expect the X user reading your<A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?id=42DEMA
internally is implemented via EMA:Len=10;Graph0= 2 * EMA( C, len ) -
EMA( EMA( C, len ), Len );// for comparison
onlyGraph1=DEMA(C,Len);and immediately understands all these
explanations/calculations, then you address to quite advanced
users.Leave your <A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?id=42
without any further comment, it will be OK for everybodyand we will be
happy for ever. For your record, it took me one afternoon to understand
this, but, I am not as advanced as the avarage amibroker user.BTW, I
like your style very much !!Thank you once again for your uninterrupted
efforts.Dimitris Tsokakis--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz
Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:> Dimitris,> >
> > Please see the reply I have just sent to your other post.> >
> Because of the fact that EMA and DEMA are INITIALIZED
differently> > > it needs 2 * len bars for DEMA re-implemented
using EMA> > > to converge with built-in DEMA.> > >
After this initial stage they are the same.> > Tomasz,> >
for len=200 your explanation means that after the 400th bar built-in
> > DEMA and EMA-equivalent "are the same.> > Did I
understand well ?> > In my gifs there is no match after the 400th
bar.> > Do we see the same gifs ?> > 400 bars after
initialization of EMA. As I wrote already> EMA[ periods ] is initialized
with SIMPLE moving average value MA[ periods ].> Since then
convergence starts.> > Therefore 400 bars after initalization
means 400+200 bars since the beginning of the data.> (of course in
case of 200-period EMA only)> > > Best regards,>
Tomasz Janeczko> amibroker.comSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.