[amibroker] Re: Another, less important, question

Dimitris,

I tried to explain this the other day ... maybe you didn't see my
post or have my email on ignore but I'll take another shot in case
you are listening ...

EMA is or should be equivalent to AMA when one is using a constant
for the length but for whatever reason the way that EMA is
implemented it takes a bunch of bars to catch up to AMA or vice versa
depending on your point of view.  In a 10 bar EMA it takes 43 bars
before EMA and AMA have the same value following which they both have
the same values.

DEMA appears to be using an adaptation of AMA for it's calculations
as opposed to EMA as it produces plotable points right away.  Here
again if one compares DEMA with ones own calculation for DEMA using
AMA and EMA the AMA version is identical to the imbedded DEMA and the
EMA version takes awhile to be on the same track.

Best Regards, Fred

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM