[amibroker] AB "Toast" Society Proposal

  • To: To:
  • Subject: [amibroker] AB "Toast" Society Proposal
  • From: Hal Brehe <infoads@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:11:34 -0700
  • Gentlemen:

Sitting on the sidelines during these last few weeks, I have been continuously amazed at the creativity and intelligence on display. However, instead of the usual humble attitude and courtesy shown, we have a stubborn, obstinate and uncooperative new voice suddenly shattering our usual aura of humble help.

In my attempting to arrive at some meaningful way of showing displeasure at any participants relentless disturbance of the Groups demeanor, I have arrived at the following proposal.

	1. All official members of the AmiBroker discussion groups are encouraged to participate.
	2. The process of removing a member from membership is called "Toasting".
	3. To "Toast" a member would require that 20 "Toasts" be obtained from the membership.
	4. A Toast is a $5 donation to AmiBroker, in the person of "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxxxx>.
	5. 20 "Toasts" would repay the cost of AmiBroker to TJ, and enable TJ to ban the "Toast" recipient, without loss of income. (If truth would be known, TJ would most likely be the first to "Toast" -- just to get the ball rolling!)
	6. Upon TJs' returning the cost of AB to the Toast recipient, a lifetime ban is imposed on ever returning to any AB list.

Think of it, a democratic means of ridding ourselves of very intelligent but obnoxious, self centered, strong willed "little people". Most "Toasts" would fail, and TJ should use the contributions as income. The extra income would provide additional proof to TJ that WE CARE, and is another visible means of showing our support for him, his family and his product.

On Tomasz's part, he need only add the cost of a "Toast" ($5) on his ordering page so that we might conveniently use our Credit Cards.

The recent Indicator Poll is an example of how difficult this democratic procedure might be, however the cause of the action might take heed of the tide of ill will displayed by the list participants. The threat might just be a positive tool in keeping the group orderly.

All those in favor of the "Toast", light up the sky with your replies.

Best Regards,

Hal

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM

---