[amibroker] Re: Acceleration index?

Hi Eugene:

I don't believe there's anyway of knowing if the number of people
trading an issue is increasing, unless news came out.   It isn't that
unusual for someone to machine gun 10 or 20 100 share lots to try to
get a movement going in a particular direction like breaking support
or a resistance line.

You could just as well see the increase or decrease in volume by
comparing 1,5 or 10 minute price bars with the volume bars.  You could
watch the speed of trades on a time and sales chart.  You could easily
see those machine gun 100 share lots appear at crucial points on the
price chart.

One helpful way would be counting the number of trades,(not
shares),going off at the bid and at the ask to determine future
direction. Or just the total trades listed as a volatility indicator.
Even better would be having those options for different time bars.

But in the end, trading just a few liquid stocks and contiunually
watching their time and sales is the best way to know their
characteristics.

JMO,

Dominick

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM