From: Anthony Faragasso [mailto:ajf1111@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: April 25, 2003 7:55 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] 10 uses for the #Include

Herman,   I have not worked with the #include pre-proccessor yet...mainly I
do not
know how....   Say I have a file called Movingaverage....(
movingaverage=ma(c,28) ).....Now
I want to use this in some other formula....so I write the following:
#include "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AFL\movingaverage.afl"   Now What do I
do ??  Thank you Anthony     -------Original Message-------   From:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: Friday, April 25, 2003 10:31:36 PM To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [amibroker] 10 uses for the #Include
Hello,   The #include does not enhance processing power or provide
additional functions. I substitute it with the full code after development
or for performance testing. However it is extremely handy for:   1) Making
code more readable during development by hiding a major part that doesn't
require any more work. Working on a program of a few hundred lines and
scrolling back and forth, from begin to end, doesn't make for pleasant
working. Breaking it up into modules will speed up you work.   2) During
development, when working with loops, you can hide the entire body of the
loop so that you can see the begin and the end of the loop and work on the
code in those areas. For quick temporary hiding of code sections use a
standard name like Mod1, Mod2, etc.   3) I plot equity and other indicators
from the backtester using the Equity button, i find this easier than working
from two formula windows. Most indicators contain completed code so they can
very conveniently be put into an #Include file, so as not to clutter up the
systems code. Fred's equity code is a nice example that you might want to
have in an Include file.   4) Some of my systems use many calibration
constants, a long line of 100 short statements messes up the code and makes
it harder to work with. Placing the assignments in an include file hides
them nicely and makes it very easy to switch constants by commenting out one
or another include   5) During development I use ,any AddCollumn statements,
10, 20, even more. In a major project it is well worth to develop such
debugging tools and leave them in the code. Simply uncomment them when you
need them...   6) Include files can be used to "attach" documentation to a
program without cluttering the window and using up a lot of space. Sometimes
it is handy to use the Indicator formula window (if not used) to keep notes
in an Include file.   7) Scripts, if used, are pretty well stand-alone
pieces of code and it is nice to hide them from view.   8) If you use
pattern recognition and work with long lists of patterns or Candle stick
patterns, you can define those in an include file.   9) If you want to
translate Status("StockNum") to a literal string ("MSFT") and you work the
N100, you'll need a 100 statements that mess up your code. Also since this
type of code can be called from many other programs it is nice to have it
self contained.   10) You can pass parameters to Include files (as needed in
9 above) by reserving a suitable variable name for Include files ,or as I
do, i give the include file a long name that tells me what it expects and
what it returns. For example: N100Number-n-ToTicker-T.afl this files expects
a pointer named "n" to be defined before using the #Include and returns the
Ticker name-string in "T". I define n before the include and use the string
T after it. Easy?   11) I know: I can't count! Some standard Param()
applications that are needed for debugging but not in the final version - an
Include may be useful here.             Yahoo! Groups Sponsor           Send
BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Send SUGGESTIONS to
suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ----------------------------------------- Post
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Web page:

Get A Free Psychic Reading!