[amibroker] Re: Variable periods

Dimitris- You're reminding me why I haven't contributed to this board
in so long.  A bunch of people requested variable inputs for
indicators, so Tomasz suggested compiling a list of priorities and
that's what I tried to do with the poll.  If you don't like it, don't
vote.

As for some items in the poll already accepting variable input, it's
NOT in the documentation.  I used the 4.30 user's guide as a checklist
for what to include.  Excuse me if I don't know all of AmiBroker's
undocumented features.  But at least I tried to collect input for
Tomasz (as he suggested) on features that *other users* requested
instead of doing nothing or telling people to just code their own
indicators.

I find it incredibly ironic that you would offer advice on politeness:
"It would be more polite to ask..."

Best Regards,

Mark

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> Frankly speaking, I would like to read the description of a project,
> IF(or WHEN) variable RSI period was already available.
> All the people who ask this feature have already prepared everything
> else and the only missing thing in the world is Tomasz variable input
> implementation ??
> It would be more polite to ask : I want to do *this* and I need
> variable RSI period, because there is no alternative.
> This would show what is really missing and, perhaps, would give some
> priority.
> It is easy to ask a whole list in vote request, but, the author of
> the vote text does not speak for AFL, perhaps he has some other,
> problematic language in mind. Nearly half of the requested items
> already accept variable input, as the author sould know BEFORE
> posting this list.
> Upgrading is a serious story in one way or another.
> If a guest or a newcomer reads the last two days messages, would
> think that amibroker is full of missing functions and the creator
> should begin from the beginning. It is not true and it is not fair.
> Dimitris Tsokakis

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM