[amibroker] Re: The request for "variable" period functions

And as for MCS, it stands for Monte Carlo Simulation.  MCS can give
you a distribution of potential future outcomes if the inputs are
representative of how the system will perform in the future.  In broad
terms, if the basket of trades from your system test is representative
of the system's population of future trades, MCS can calculate a
distribution of drawdowns and profits based on 10,000 (or however many
you want) different equity curves simulated from that basket of trades
given your money management parameters.  From that you can estimate
the probabilities of different profit/loss levels.  You can also do
this for groups of stocks to make portfolio drawdown and profit/loss
distributions.  This is more "forward-looking" and multidimensional
than portfolio backtesting and pyramiding on historical quotes.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM