[amibroker] Re: The request for "variable" period functions

The AMA or AMA2 .vs. EMA will give you a simple view of the
differences in potential.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:
> Well, Mark, I have to admit I know nothing about adaptive
indicators, so obviously I haven't ever tested them. In fact, I don't
even know what an MCS is (I hate acronyms, and I've worked for the
Government all my life!!)! I have tested various position sizing
algorithms, as I'm a firm believer in position sizing as a means of
controlling risk. All I know is that portfolio backtesting and
pyramiding are tops on my wish list and have been ever since I bought
AB back in Nov of 2001, and judging from many posts in the far and
near past, I think there are lots of others who are anxiously
awaiting this feature, too. Since the topic of adaptive indicators
was only introduced for the first time yesterday, I believe, I was
just thinking that perhaps it hasn't been a top priority on many
people's wish lists. I will gladly concede to you and others if I'm
wrong, since I still consider myself a rank beginner in AFL as well
as trading in general. Tell me more about adaptive indicators and
what their advantages are over static ones. Maybe give some examples?
Thanks.

> Al Venosa

Have
>   you ever tried position sizing with MCS (which is much more
powerful
>   and versatile)?
>
>   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx>
wrote:
>   > I wholeheartedly agree with Jerome. Portfolio backtesting and
>   pyramiding, in my opinion, are much more important that
introducing
>   more indicators, dynamic or not. I sure hope this new task, if
>   adopted, does not distract or slow down Tomasz from developing
what I
>   think lots more people wish to have as part of the AB engine. My
>   opinion, FWIW.
>   >
>   > Al Venosa
>   >
AFL !!
>   >     The HHV and LLV functions work fine with variable period.
>   >     per=10+cum(1)%20;
>   >     StochKa=MA(100*(C-LLV(L,per))/(HHV(H,per)-LLV(L,per)),3);
>   >     StochDa=MA(MA(100*(C-LLV(L,per))/(HHV(H,per)-LLV
(L,per)),3),3);
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   >     --------------------------------------------
>   >     Check group FAQ at:
>   >
>   >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>   Service.
>   >
>   >
>   >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   >   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>   >   -----------------------------------------
>   >   Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   >   --------------------------------------------
>   >   Check group FAQ at:
>   >
>   >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM