  >From:
  DIMITRIS
  TSOKAKIS
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 5:01
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.31.0
  BETA Question
  CS,something must be more clear:Do you speak for a
  variable period for RSI(periods) or for the RSI of another
  function?When we write RSI(12), we mean RSI calculated on Close,
  periods=12.An example of variable period should be
  likeper=10+cum(1)%10;W=RSI(per);It will not work, since built-in
  RSI() does not accept variable period.The second case is to apply the
  RSI transformation on another function, say Stochastics.This is
  already included through the RSIA(Array,periods) function, but still for a
  fixed period.It would be better to be more specific, which improvement do
  you ask. DT--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CS" <csaxe@xxxx>
  wrote:> > Since converting some of my systems to dynamic
  parameter input, my success (profits) has increased dramatically.>
  Unfortunately, most people don't know the difference between dynamic
  (variable) and static (constant) parameter inputs.> Simplistic
  Hint:  Static-  RSI(14);    Dynamic-  RSI(
  ATR(3) );> > I have asked TJ to go back and re-work indicators
  and functions to accept dynamic inputs, but he said that only three other
  people had asked for the same thing, so it is low on his priority list.
  So, I have had to resort to manually coding each indicator/function in
  script, and script sucks. Error messages while debugging are so vague,
  that they are useless.> The recent inclusion of native AFL looping and
  flow control will help.> > There are some functions that
  accept dynamic input such as HHV, LLV, Sum, Ref, AMA, AMA2, WMA, DEMA,
  TEMA and MA.> > It would be nice if all new functions/indicators
  created would accept dynamic inputs.> >
  -CS>   ----- Original Message ----- >