[amibroker] The request for "variable" period functions

Everybody asks for variable period possibilities, as if AFL is poor
in this logic.
Let us take a closer look :
Variable Period smoothing functions:
MA, DEMA, TEMA do accept variable period.
The remaining EMA can accept through EMA(ARRAY,PER)==AMA(ARRAY,2/
(PER+1))
Is there any other type of smoothing used in your formulas ???
RSI works through RSIA, CCI works through CCIA
MACD through above described EMA.
What is next?
How about StochK and StochD with variable per ?
Perhaps you do not know that you can do it NOW in pure AFL !!
The HHV and LLV functions work fine with variable period.
per=10+cum(1)%20;
StochKa=MA(100*(C-LLV(L,per))/(HHV(H,per)-LLV(L,per)),3);
StochDa=MA(MA(100*(C-LLV(L,per))/(HHV(H,per)-LLV(L,per)),3),3);
Is ther any other function you would like to see with variable
period ?
Search first the definition and then see if it already exists in your
AFL potential.
It is better to know the definition of a Stochastic, before asking
fast software upgrades-enhanchments.
In my opinion, the lack of definition will always confuse the user,
with fixed or variable period.
Dimitris Tsokakis

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM