[amibroker] Re: Backtesting

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>dingo,

 Thank you for your prompt
reply.

I feared that was the case from reading the
documentation.  It appears that some buy signals
are deemed more important than others.
I guess I must trust that, over the long haul, the
reported trades will adequately represent
the missing ones also.  I don't have to like it; but,
I'll deal with it.

Regards,

Tony
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
No you
won't see that. It only takes one position and while in that position ignores
any successive entry signal until it exits that
position.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Tony/Dianne
  [mailto:awenos@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 11:11
  AMTo: Amibroker GroupSubject: [amibroker]
  Backtesting
  Hello,

  I have a question on the backtest function.

  Suppose we are testing stock XXX.
  Our trading rules are:
          Buy =
  condition1
          Sell =
  condition2

  On 10/1/02, XXX meets condition1, establishing Position
  On 11/1/02, XXX meets condition1, establishing Position
  On 12/1/02, XXX meets condition2, at the price of
  P.

  On 12/1/02, are two trades, A & B, shown on
  the backtest report, both
  closed out at price P?

  In a number of tests, I have yet to see this
  occur.

  Regards,

  Tony