[amibroker] Re: Dynamic indicators

MACDx = EMA(X, Y) - EMA(X, Z) where X is an array and Y and Z are
constants.

If one wanted to calculate MACD for virtually anything one could do
so with the calculation above i.e.

MACDx = EMA(C, 12) - EMA(C, 26);

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:
> Hi Jayson,
> really a nice programming trick!
> UM

RSI of
>   > another function?
>   > When we write RSI(12), we mean RSI calculated on Close,
periods=12.
>   > An example of variable period should be like
>   > per=10+cum(1)%10;
>   > W=RSI(per);
>   > It will not work, since built-in RSI() does not accept variable
>   > period.
>   > The second case is to apply the RSI transformation on another
>   > function, say Stochastics.
>   > This is already included through the RSIA(Array,periods)
function,
>   > but still for a fixed period.
>   > It would be better to be more specific, which improvement do
you ask.
>   > DT
>   > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CS" <csaxe@xxxx> wrote:
>   > >
>   > > Since converting some of my systems to dynamic parameter
input, my
>   > success (profits) has increased dramatically.
>   > > Unfortunately, most people don't know the difference between
>   > dynamic (variable) and static (constant) parameter inputs.
>   > > Simplistic Hint:  Static-  RSI(14);    Dynamic-  RSI( ATR
(3) );
>   > >
>   > > I have asked TJ to go back and re-work indicators and
functions to
>   > accept dynamic inputs, but he said that only three other people
had
>   > asked for the same thing, so it is low on his priority list.
So, I
>   > have had to resort to manually coding each indicator/function
in
>   > script, and script sucks. Error messages while debugging are so
>   > vague, that they are useless.
>   > > The recent inclusion of native AFL looping and flow control
will
>   > help.
>   > >
>   > > There are some functions that accept dynamic input such as
HHV,
>   > LLV, Sum, Ref, AMA, AMA2, WMA, DEMA, TEMA and MA.
>   > >
>   > > It would be nice if all new functions/indicators created
would
>   > accept dynamic inputs.
>   > >
>   > > -CS

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM