  >From:
  <A title=jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Jayson
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 3:36
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Dynamic
  indicators

  workaround would be
  <SPAN
  class=642142913-17042003>
  <SPAN
  class=642142913-17042003>c=v<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>;
  <SPAN
  class=642142913-17042003>plot(macd(12,26),"",4,1);
  <SPAN
  class=642142913-17042003>
  of
  course this fails if you need actual closing data elsewhere in the
  code......

   Jayson
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: <A
  href="">uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx
  [mailto:uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 8:25
  AMTo: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [amibroker] Dynamic indicatorsHi CS, DT and
  all,I too would like dynamic (user modifyable) args tointernal
  functions. For example the MACD and SIGNALfunctions work only on the Close
  price. It would be a plus if user could override the default Close array
  it internally uses.The function prototypes then would look like:
  MACD(fastperiod = 12, slowperiod = 26, sourcearray = Close);
  SIGNAL(fastperiod = 12, slowperiod = 26, signalperiod = 9, sourcearray =
  Close);(here the last param was added).then such things like the
  following would be possible:  MACD(12,26,C) > MACD(12,26,EMA(C,
  9)); or you could create the MACD for volume etc...
  :-)UM----- Original Message ----- From: "DIMITRIS
  TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx>To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 2:01
  PMSubject: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.31.0 BETA Question>
  CS,> something must be more clear:> Do you speak for a variable
  period for RSI(periods) or for the RSI of > another function?>
  When we write RSI(12), we mean RSI calculated on Close, periods=12.> An
  example of variable period should be like> per=10+cum(1)%10;>
  W=RSI(per);> It will not work, since built-in RSI() does not accept
  variable > period.> The second case is to apply the RSI
  transformation on another > function, say Stochastics.> This is
  already included through the RSIA(Array,periods) function, > but still
  for a fixed period.> It would be better to be more specific, which
  improvement do you ask. > DT> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "CS" <csaxe@xxxx> wrote:> > > > Since converting
  some of my systems to dynamic parameter input, my > success (profits)
  has increased dramatically.> > Unfortunately, most people don't know
  the difference between > dynamic (variable) and static (constant)
  parameter inputs.> > Simplistic Hint:  Static-
  RSI(14);    Dynamic-  RSI( ATR(3) );> > >
  > I have asked TJ to go back and re-work indicators and functions to
  > accept dynamic inputs, but he said that only three other people had
  > asked for the same thing, so it is low on his priority list. So, I
  > have had to resort to manually coding each indicator/function in
  > script, and script sucks. Error messages while debugging are so
  > vague, that they are useless.> > The recent inclusion of
  native AFL looping and flow control will > help.> > >
  > There are some functions that accept dynamic input such as HHV, >
  LLV, Sum, Ref, AMA, AMA2, WMA, DEMA, TEMA and MA.> > > >
  It would be nice if all new functions/indicators created would > accept
  dynamic inputs.> > > > -CS> >   -----
  Original Message ----- > >   From: Fred >
  >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > >   Sent:
  Wednesday, April 16, 2003 4:26 PM> >   Subject:
  [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.31.0 BETA Question> > > >
  > >   I believe LinRegSlope takes as it's second argument
  a NON time > >   variant argument or a constant NOT an
  array like for example AMA > >   would.  I don't know
  but I supect the code I put in my original > post >
  >   won't work any way or if it has a chance of working I
  wouldn't > know > >   how to modify it so it does,
  maybe > > > >   LRS = LinRegSlope(close[ i ],
  HilbertPeriod[ i ]);>