[amibroker] Re: Real-world trading

Chuck ...

Thanks ... I have a friend who has a fairly vocal parrot that he has
taught to say a couple of key phrases during the trading day such
as ... " Show me the money " ... and ... " follow the system,
stupid ".  Now if we could only get the parrot to do the actual
trading.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> It would help to get the subject right (was "trailing stops"), but
I'm keen
> to discuss real-world trading up to 20 hours a day.   I'm sure
there are
> others, too.   The best way to kick it off is to simply... kick it
off.
> Saying that you are thinking about it doesn't generate much in the
way of
> dialogue.
>
> The above is meant to be constructive.  I've rewritten it eleven
times, but
> it still sounds like I'm being sarcastic.  Many of my posts (and a
lot of
> those from other members) have been about real-world trading,
portfolio
> management, baskets of stocks, etc.   I can't imagine anyone saying
that
> threads like these should be taken elsewhere.   If others prefer
that those
> subjects not be discussed here, let's start another group.   In the
> meantime, "show us the money".

But much
>   > of
>   > > > the discussion will be about the relevence of how AB (and
Fred)
<s9kaiser@xxxx>
>   > wrote:
>   > > > > At 06:02 PM 04/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>   > > > >
>   > > > > > > I am curious if the methodology of limiting position
sizes
>   > > fixed
>   > > > > > > dollar amounts is something you actually do.
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >Fred and others,
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >Later tonight or tomorrow I will start a new thread with
>   > Subject
>   > > > > >line called "Trading in Real Life". And in that thread
we can
>   > discuss
>   > > > > >actual trading methodologies along with the
applicability of
>   > > > > >Amibroker's backtesting capability as it applies to
actual
>   > trading.
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >Maybe I'll learn something... or maybe others will learn
>   > something.
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >If there is active participation, it could be a long
running
>   > thread
>   > > > > >because I have several issues to discuss but I don't
want to
>   > saturate
>   > > > > >any one post with more than one trading/Amibroker issue.
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >It is a pretty day here and I have some non-computer
>   > activities that
>   > > > > >need attention.
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >If you are interested in this new thread... just imagine
an
>   > > > > >automotron's warbling electronic voice beckoning you
with the
>   > > words...
>   > > > > >"Would you like to play a game?".
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >Later,
>   > > > > >
>   > > > > >Phsst
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Phsst, Fred, Dingo, Steve / all
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Why don't we continue these trading system and performance
>   > measure
>   > > > > discussions over on the Amibroker-TS group?  It was set
up to
>   > discuss
>   > > > > trading systems and we could get the TS traffic away from
>   > the "how
>   > > > do I use
>   > > > > AB" traffic here.  It has been nearly unused for a couple
months
>   > > and is
>   > > > > available.
>   > > > >
>   > > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker-ts/
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Cheers
>   > > > > Sid
>   > > > >
>   > > > >
>   > > > >
>   > > > >
>   > 03/25/2003
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM