[amibroker] Real-world trading

It
would help to get the subject right (was "trailing stops"), but I'm keen to
discuss real-world trading up to 20 hours a day.   I'm sure there are
others, too.   The best way to kick it off is to simply... kick it
off.    Saying that you are thinking about it doesn't generate
much in the way of dialogue.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
above is meant to be constructive.  I've rewritten it eleven times, but it
still sounds like I'm being sarcastic.  Many of my posts (and a lot of
those from other members) have been about real-world trading, portfolio
management, baskets of stocks, etc.   I can't imagine anyone saying
that threads like these should be taken elsewhere.   If others prefer
that those subjects not be discussed here, let's start another
group.   In the meantime, "show us the money".
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: phsst
  [mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 12:42
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Trailing Stops> Are you going to post it in the
  other forum or drop the subject ?Fred,Think about it. You're
  the only one who has shown any interest at allin the subject of Real World
  Trading using Amibroker... and you don'ttrade stocks! Go figure
  ;-)Phsst--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred"
  <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:> Phsst,> > Are you going to
  post it in the other forum or drop the subject ?> > --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:> >
  Sid,> > > > After sleeping on it, I decided maybe you are
  right. This may not be> > the place for a thread on Real World
  Trading thread.> > > > Thanks for making me think
  about.> > > > Phsst> > > > --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:> > >
  >Why don't we continue these trading system and performance >
  measure> > > >discussions over on the Amibroker-TS
  group?> > > > > > Sid,> > > >
  > > I'm going to start the thread here.> > > > >
  > After seeing the topics discussed it may just fade away. But much
  > of> > > the discussion will be about the relevence of
  how AB (and Fred)> > > calculate Equity curves, PositionSizing,
  compounding along with a > few> > > other subjects. It all
  revolves around how AB is used as a tool > for> > >
  trading.> > > > > > Lets talk about moving the
  thread after I post it.> > > > > > Phsst>
  <s9kaiser@xxxx> > wrote:> > > > At 06:02 PM
  04/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:> > > > > > > >
  > > I am curious if the methodology of limiting position sizes >
  to> > fixed> > > > > > dollar amounts is
  something you actually do.> > > > >> > > >
  >Fred and others,> > > > >> > > >
  >Later tonight or tomorrow I will start a new thread with a >
  that thread we can > discuss> > > > >actual trading
  methodologies along with the applicability of> > > >
  >Amibroker's backtesting capability as it applies to actual >
  trading.> > > > >> > > > >Maybe I'll
  learn something... or maybe others will learn > something.> >
  could be a long running > thread> > > > >because I
  have several issues to discuss but I don't want to > saturate>
  issue.> > > > >> > > > >It is a pretty
  day here and I have some non-computer > activities that> >
  > > >need attention.> > > > >> > >
  > >If you are interested in this new thread... just imagine an>
  the> > words...> > > > >"Would you like to play a
  game?".> > > > >> > > > >Later,>
  performance > measure > > > > discussions over on the
  Amibroker-TS group?  It was set up to > discuss > > >
  > trading systems and we could get the TS traffic away from > the
  "how> > > do I use > > > > AB" traffic
  here.  It has been nearly unused for a couple months> > and is
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker-ts/>

  anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).> > >
  03/25/2003Send